søndag 23. oktober 2011

The first day in New Zealand


Finally I arrived at the airport in Auckland after a day of travelling. First the flight went to Amsterdam, then from Amsterdam to Bangkok and from Bangkok to Auckland. Now I am at the hotel, waiting to fall asleep. Tomorrow I will relax and try to get rid of the jetlag. The time zone in New Zealand is UTC+12, which means it is 12 hours before the standard time. The next day I took the bus from Auckland to Wellington. Wellington is the capital in New Zealand but Auckland is bigger. On the road I saw many strange animals that I had never seen before, first some sea lions at the coast and then some Albatrosses. I sat beside a local fisherman that told me a lot about New Zealand. I learned that the first residents settled down on the islands about year 900 after Christ. These people later developed the Maori-culture. The first Europeans came to New Zealand in year 1642 and were from the Netherlands. About 200 years later the country became a British colony and first in 1908 England declared it as an independent country. When I arrived at the bus station in Wellington I was so tired and exhausted that I had to go to sleep.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar